Option Construction Corp. is a family-owned General Contractor/Petroleum Contractor based out of Spruce Grove, AB, specializing in the Downstream Oil and Gas and Commercial Industry. We provide new construction, redevelopment, facility maintenance services and installations throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario.
We seek hard-working and responsible PM2 and PM3 Petroleum Mechanics to join our growing Petroleum Construction team.
If you take pride in your work, have an excellent safety record and client relationships, enjoy travelling and working away from home and would like to join a growing organization, apply now. We encourage applicants from all provinces.
The licensed petroleum mechanic will be responsible for all aspects of petroleum installations while working directly under the site supervisor, petroleum manager or project manager.
Job Type: Full-time, Long-term
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Installation and removal of under and aboveground tank systems.
- Service and maintain petroleum equipment, systems and accessories essential to site operation.
- Repair and maintain leak detection equipment.
- To ensure referrals and repeat business, help maintain strong, trustworthy, and lasting relationships with existing and new clients.
- Complete all documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure the company’s health and safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-focused, deadline-driven environment with the ability to multitask.
- Able to work an on-call, 24/7 rotation.
Position Requirements & Skills
- Mechanically inclined, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Enjoy working independently as well as within a team environment.
- Ability to make wise independent judgments when faced with unusual work problems and no direct supervision.
- Enjoy being on the road and visiting new places.
- Enthusiastic to continually learn and grow.
- Follow directions when needed.
- High energy, self-motivated and must have a positive attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Motivated, organized, timely, and professional.
- Moderate computer and email skills
- Take pride in customer satisfaction and your work.
- Excellent communication skills with direct supervisors, management and clients
- Proven Customer service skills
- Knowledge of OH&S standards
- Driven and success oriented.
- Leadership skills and people management
- Strategic thinking and plan development
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate well with contractors, engineers, management and field staff.
- Ability to work well independently and in a high-performance, fast-paced team environment.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Post-secondary education in the Petroleum/Construction industry or a combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three years of direct work experience as a licensed Petroleum Mechanic
- CPCA/TSSA Petroleum Mechanic Certifications PM2, PM3
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and perform manual labour.
- Must be able to pass drug and alcohol tests.
- A valid driver’s license is required, with a clean driving record.
- Fluent written and oral English language skills are required.
What will you get from us?
We provide excellent extended health coverage, matching RRSP, Company paid training, tools supplied, and the opportunity to excel and advance within a company that understands the importance of employees. With in-house NCSO-certified personnel, we create the safest working environment for our employees.
LOA Provided for out-of-town work (meals & accommodations)
Option Construction Corp. believes that diversity and inclusion are business drivers, so we maintain their importance. We are committed to maintaining a barrier-free recruitment process by providing equal employment opportunities through recruiting and retaining individuals of all backgrounds. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or other legally protected factors. We recognize that promoting diversity is an essential component of organizational success!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.